We are excited about working together with participants in the classroom again!. Like always, we are taking safety at our events seriously. After careful consideration of current conditions, we are implementing the following measures before, during and after Fathom events to promote the health and wellness of our attendees and staff. As the situation evolves, so will our approach to keeping you safe!
Measures implemented before the event:
- Seek advice from and collaborate with local authorities and public health officials for current COVID-19 restrictions and recommendations.
- Provide participants with resources that detail the signs and symptoms of COVID-19 to help educate them on whether they should attend or stay home.
- Require staff and participants to stay home if they have any COVID-19 symptoms, including fever, cough, or gastro-intestinal issues.
- Require attendees to not attend the event if they have been diagnosed with COVID-19, or had direct contact with an individual diagnosed with or suspected to have COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- Pre-screen participants for Covid-19 prior to the event start date.
- Pre-screening participants at the event entry each day for symptoms by visual evaluation, pre-screen questionnaire and temperature screening.
- Require participants to self-certify that they will comply with the event’s safety policies and procedures including wearing face coverings and that violation of policies will cause removal from the event.
- Designate and denote a location to isolate participants and/or staff who demonstrate signs or symptoms of COVID-19 — and staff member who will respond to ill attendee concerns.
- Determine event capacity based on the geometry and physical characteristics of the room. This includes factors like ventilation and physical distance/density of attendees.
- Modify if needed attendee/staff density to enforce all safety protocols, including six-feet physical distancing requirements in all venue spaces where attendees congregate, restrooms, queuing areas, and ingress and egress procedures.
Measures implemented during the event:
- Attendees and staff to wash and/or sanitize hands upon entering the training room.
- Provide appropriate messages and materials to prohibit certain actions like handshakes or high-fives that are common at many events but could facilitate the spread of COVID-19.
- Provide instructions on proper hand washing (at least 20 seconds in accordance with CDC/WHO guidelines).
- If meals are provided during the training the meals will be separately packed for each individual with disposable utensils, condiments and drinking cups.
- Facemasks are to be worn by attendees and non-medical grade facemasks will be provided if necessary.
- Regularly clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces such as tabletops, doorknobs, tables, chairs and restrooms. Clean surfaces using an approved disinfectant and items distributed to attendees before the event using CDC and/or WHO cleaning and disinfecting guidelines.
- Hand sanitizer, disinfecting wipes, tissue, soap and water to be readily available.
- If (10) or more attendees are present at one time, an individual will be wholly or partially dedicated to ensuring health protocols are being implemented and followed.
- Participants will be provided with their own guidebooks, training materials, role-plays and writing materials that are not to be shared or touch the workspace of any other participants.
- Participants are to maintain 6’ distance at all times while in the training room, while working together with other participants in teams and during role-play activity.
Measures implemented after the event:
- Implement plan for contacting participants and venue after the event, should it become necessary to notify them of exposure to COVID-19.
- If a participant displayed symptoms at the event, communicate potential exposure to the facility management, public health officials, staff, and event-goers, and clean and disinfect the event space.